Sinister: MES

paul plaird at xxx.uk
Fri Sep 12 08:19:12 BST 1997

on 11th Sept MES wrote:

>And when did half of you shysters start swooning to the B&S..[who I've got
>>naught against]..try post Dog On Wheels..

>Peel is and will ever be a champion...sadsacks like some of you wouldn't
>know >if a musical note bit you on the arse

I saw B&S at The Assembly Rooms in Edinburgh back in April (or May - I
Forget) and regard the experience as probably the best gig I've attended
since around 1991. As with the NYC reviews they had frequent instrument
changes, a great rapport with the audience, they muffed up the intro to at
least one song (but remembered the words!) and had a 5 minute break(?)
somewhere in the middle. You felt they actually cared - unlike most of our
indie heroes - and above all the music was brilliant.

As a direct contrast I'd say that the worst gig i've ever been at was when
The Fall played on Calton Hill(Edinburgh) about three years ago, where
there was a shit atmosphere, MES and friends played about 3 lacklustre
songs and then stormed off in a huff, show over. What a shit night. What a
ripoff.

Can I have my 10 quid back please!. That was probably the last time IO
bought a Fall record ('15 ways' as a matter of fact). I could'nt care less
about the band anymore.

B&S care.

Paul.

"and rememberŠ an egg is good for you!"