Sinister: sinister cd/host's intro/lazy line/more

Mike Landucci bbptc at xxx.com
Fri Sep 12 23:05:49 BST 1997

ok, since im having to deal with sifting through all the mail from this
list i might as well post about some b+s stuff.

sinister just never gets old. i have a dub for my car with tigermilk on one
side and sinister on the next and let me tell you it is the very best way
to spend a drive to vegas and back-we listened to that tape nonstop for 300
miles. each way. sinister is obviously the best album of 97 and i seriously
think it might be the best of the 90's period.

far from being a chris douridas morning becomes eclectic fan, i think the
intro about b+s songs being old friends you havent met is passable. after
the first couple listens i was on the brink of tears thinking they were
better than the smiths, better than magnetic fields, better than the
cannanes, better than anything id ever heard and sure to live in my heart
for the rest of my life the way a small few other bands have. so maybe
that's what he meant-their songs' instant "classic" appeal.

on that note ill say i heard for the first time lazy line painter jane or
whatever it's called today on the radio and was quite underwhelmed. it went
on too long, the female vocals are iffy at best-as were the male's on this
take, and the basic rock n' roll lick of the thing was a put off. well im
exageratting-can you tell i have a penchant for that-but truly i was a bit
sad cause it didnt sound very magical.

lastly, on "The Boy Done Wrong Again" there is a part, a bridge i guess,
where the violins come in after he sings "i will be happy now" for the
first time. anyways, the chords and the sound of that moment have always
reminded from the first time i heard it, to the wonderful song Aurora by
the Cat's Miaow. Play 'em back to back and see if you see what i mean. Play
em back to back anyways cause it's a real treat.

cheers, mike