Sinister: Just a boy who plays guitar

John Stuart j.stuart at xxx.com
Fri Sep 12 16:24:35 BST 1997

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd love to hear (and see) Belle &
Sebastian play with a full orchestra, or even a strings section like
Kristen Hersh's Strings EP.

>I saw B&S at The Assembly Rooms in Edinburgh back in April (or May - I
>Forget) and regard the experience as probably the best gig I've attended

I was there too, any it was fantastic.  Although the concert at the
Mitchell Library, Glasgow,  at the end of 96, was even better.

But anyways, this reminded me to ask something about the Assembly Rooms
gig.  I saw a guy there with a b&s t-shirt on.  It was red with 'Just a boy
who plays guitar -  Belle and Sebastian' in white on it.  Is this person on
the mail list? If so, where did you get the t-shirt?  Anybody else got one?
 Also, did anyone buy an extra poster?  I didn’t like the design at first,
but soon regretted not buying one.

One last thought.  Is anyone going to The Sundays concert in the assembly
rooms in November.  (Tickets on sale Monday).  Get in touch.

Cheers

John S.