Sinister: Just a boy who plays guitar

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Fri Sep 12 15:48:22 BST 1997

>I saw B&S at The Assembly Rooms in Edinburgh back in April (or May - I
>Forget) and regard the experience as probably the best gig I've attended

I was there too, any it was fantastic.  Although the concert at the
Mitchell Library, Glasgow,  at the end of 96, was even better.

[Keith Watson]
I too was at both of these, but I tend to like the Assembly rooms one better - there was a hell of a buzz at the Mitchell library but the set was somewhat limited (All of If you're feeling sinister, A Century of Fakers and I don't love anyone - I'll scan the programme when we get a scanner in the office next week and post it to the list as a JPEG, in fact, I'll do this with all the various paraphenalia I've collected if people are interested). The Assembly rooms on the other hand had loads of my favourite songs on, and was a more varied set I thought, nonetheless, both I rate as two of the best concerts I've ever seen, I'd love to get a tape off of anyone who taped either, but as yet I've not met anyone. I know Andy Dean was speaking to someone that night who taped it, but he declined a copy - and later regretted it.

But anyways, this reminded me to ask something about the Assembly Rooms
gig.  I saw a guy there with a b&s t-shirt on.  It was red with 'Just a boy
who plays guitar -  Belle and Sebastian' in white on it.  Is this person on
the mail list? If so, where did you get the t-shirt?  Anybody else got one?
 Also, did anyone buy an extra poster?  I didn't like the design at first,
but soon regretted not buying one.

[Keith Watson]
I bought a poster - but you can't have it I'm afraid! I did also see the guy in the T-Shirt and registered it as odd too - I guess it could have been made himself.

One last thought.  Is anyone going to The Sundays concert in the assembly
rooms in November.  (Tickets on sale Monday).  Get in touch.

Cheers

John S.