Sinister: DJ Debate (not really about b&s, sorry!)

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Sat Sep 13 09:09:57 BST 1997

AEHering at aol.com wrote:

> John Stuart wrote ...
>
> >BTW, it was Radcliffe who first started playing
> Belle & Sebastian.
>
> For your history books ... Peter Easton (Beat
> Patrol/Radio Scotland) already
> played a Stuart Murdoch demo back in early 1994
> (!) ... most probably "Le
> Pastie De La Borgeousie", since it was Stuart's
> first classic ..

ah! Peter Easton!  Was he still going in '94?!  Is
he still going now?  Man, he was great, he had the
best radio show in the country in the mid - late
'80s, he played all the best indie-pop underground
sounds.  He also 'advertised' what was meant to be
a private beach party in troon during the summer
of 1988 (i think, it might have been '87, but my
memory is shot), where the sea urchins, orchids,
bachelor pad, close lobsters, remember fun and
visitors were going to play... sigh.  Saddly it
was like monsoon season that day and  we had to
cancel it and adjurn to the pub instead.  Still
there were trails of soggy indiepopsters with
tents to be seen trailing from the train station
to the beach!  Weird as hell... if only that day
had been sunny, it might have changed all our
lives.  Phew.

But yeah, Peter Easton.  Top bloke.  And cool to
know that Stuart was obviously tuned in to him as
well.

sorry about the turgid reminiscing,
the duke.  feeling dead old now cos caz is gonna
read this and go, oh i was only 10 when that
happened, or something... pah.

Tangents On-Line
http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/
Tangents On-Paper: PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK

tangent at mail.zynet.co.uk