Sinister: Chr*s *v*ns

Stuart Gardiner SKG at xxx.uk
Mon Sep 15 10:17:20 BST 1997

Personally I don't care if B&S make it big, as long as it doesn't change
the music they make. If they do get into the top 40 then more people
will hear their music, bringing joy and happiness to many rather than we
lucky few, and surely that has to be a good thing? I'll bet most of the
people who want them to remain exclusive and personal have also been
playing B&S songs to their friends and ranting about how good they are,
but they don't seem prepared for that to be done on a larger scale. And
if more people buy their records, maybe it will persuade them to do a
few more gigs so that we can get to see them live occasionally...

However I agree about Chr*s *v*ns. He was responsible for "discovering"
the Divine Comedy with their "Something For The Weekend" single when he
was doing the Radio 1 breakfast show, despite the fact that Mark
Radcliffe had been playing the song for several weeks. While it would be
great to see B&S on TV, I just hope no-one tries to take credit for it
other than the band themselves.

Stuart G