Sinister: blurry pictures/tigermilk taping

Pam Berry Pam_Berry at xxx.com
Mon Sep 15 15:49:00 BST 1997

     hi everyone,
     have seen (and deleted, oops) a couple of requests for tigermilk tapes
     and I think they both might have been people living in the u.s., just
     want to let anyone who needs it know that I'm still up for dubbage on
     this side of the world, just e-mail me privately at home
     (plb at tiac.net). so far, have mailed about 15 tapes out and among some
     interesting trades have gotten some stellar recipes and an amazing gun
     that shoots little plastic discs the length of my house. that thing
     pointed in the wrong direction, well, you know.

     also, mark said:
     >So why is everyone sharing pictures that are crap! They're either
     >blurred, too wet, feet only, wrong type of film - don't think I've
     >seen a thumb over the lens yet but I'm sure it's coming!

     >When I take pictures in real life, if any of the above happen, I tend
     >to not put them on display in my photo album but hide them away
     >somewhere.

     sorry, must beg to differ here. not that I'm organized enough to
     actually put my photos in an album (one day!), but I've got scads of
     them in boxes, drawers, laying around in piles, I've been buying old
     photos from estate sales and flea markets and stealing them from my
     relatives for years (that's what they get for leaving them around in
     boxes and drawers!), and the very best ones are the ones that are
     unfocused, unposed, thumb over the lens, shadow of the person taking
     it in the picture, etc.etc....you can tell so much about people when
     they are snapped unprepared/unposed, and my own pictures mean more to
     me if I remember that it's blurry because I was laughing too hard to
     keep the camera still or I was really plastered which will forevermore
     remind me of something someone told me that night under confidence of
     drunkness, or I took it too soon because someone was about to walk out
     of the frame, etc. etc. everything's got a story, and I'm less able to
     remember it/imagine it if there's nothing from a photo suggesting it.

     photos that I take myself (almost always with a polaroid because I
     don't ever seem to get around to developing the film otherwise) are
     documents to aid my crap memory. if someone picks up a pile of
     polaroids on my coffee table, say, from last weekend in new york when
     belle and sebastian stopped my heart repeatedly (no pictures of that,
     I'm afraid), I'd rather have to tell them the story of every photo,
     have them ask me why keith d'arcy is in the way background of a
     pierogie restaurant at one a.m. making that motion like he's playing a
     kuzoo, an entourage of chucklers being subjected to stories from his
     list of anecdotes (an actual list, I saw it), or whatever, than have
     them look through the pile and say, oh, people I don't know who are
     staring at the camera. I take those, too, but I'm not embarrassed to
     have people see the others.

     or maybe that's all just a rationalization for my inability to take a
     good picture but spend so much damn money on polaroid film anyway...

     cheers,
     pam
     pberry at washcp.com