Sinister: B&S & Indie nights

Paul Forsyth paulf at xxx.uk
Mon Sep 15 17:50:10 BST 1997

Thanks Dr Stride for mentioning the Indie night. I'm thinking about what
other types of music Belle & Sebastian can accompany, and sound great
with. Personally speaking I don't think they fit well with the majority
of Indie bands (or whatever Indie counts as nowadays), especially at a
student disco.

B&S are a band I listen to, both musically and lyrically. Until I
actually get to hear B&S being played whilst I am in a club I don't see
how they would fit in.

Some of the list, yeah, Smiths, Stereolab, Super Furry Animals, but they
all have the same mood. I think I'll play around with me tapes tonight
and see what mixes'an'moods work.

Anyone else have thoughts?