Sinister: re:century of fakers

Chris Stack Chris.Stack at xxx.com
Mon Sep 15 18:17:45 BST 1997

HMV 4.30pm.

Me: Hello, do you have Belle and Sebastians new single? It comes out today.
Bald Person behind the counter: [Pause]No it doesn't.
Me: Yes it does, someone told me it came out today.
BP: you mean Lazy Line painter Jane?
Me: no, I've got that
BP: Are you sure? This is the last entry on this sheet.
Me: Yes, they've got a new single out.
BP: (sarcastically) Well it'd be on this sheet if they did wouldn't it?
Me: er, I suppose.
BP: oh hang on, this is the wrong sheet. Sorry I'm new here.
Me: Oh really.
BP: Yes here it is, Century of fakers.
Me: That's the one, can I have a copy?
BP: yeah hang on........(5 Mins).......Oh, it comes out on October 6th Ha Ha Haaa, I'm new here.
Me: right, thanks...[exit]
BP: 'Ere John, this is the wrong sheet. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha [repeat to fade]