Sinister: B&S & Indie nights

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Mon Sep 15 19:32:18 BST 1997

> B&S are a band I listen to, both musically and
> lyrically. Until I
> actually get to hear B&S being played whilst I
> am in a club I don't see
> how they would fit in.

ooh, how strange.  i played B&S last night down
our Living Room club.  It was after a Broadcast
tune, at the end of the night... i was actually
really pissed off because the sound system was
fucked and one of the decks fell apart at the
start so i had to mix with one deck and a CD,
which was annoying cos most of my stuff was on
vinyl.  Um, which is maybe why i chose to spin
'Get me away from here...'  ANyway, people came up
and said, hey cool tunes... so i must have done
something right.  Oh yeah, and this was a night of
drum'n'bass, hip hop, jazz, space rock,
whatever... certainly not an 'indie' night.  And
B&S fitted in superbly.  I have a tape of the mix
if you want proof :-)

the duke

Tangents On-Line
http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/
Tangents On-Paper: PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK

tangent at mail.zynet.co.uk