Sinister: arise Sir Cliff

Steve Genge steve at xxx.uk
Tue Sep 16 01:47:40 BST 1997

This may have come up before, apologies if it has.
Just sat here listening to Tigermilk and after once again marvelling
at how very wonderful it is something else struck me.  The intro to
"Mary Jo" where had I heard it before?
Then like some scary vietnam flash back it hit me Cliff Richard's "A
Winters Tale" Unless it has David Essex & the song wasn't called that
at all?  Is it just me & my head full of songs of Cliff?  Please tell
me it isn't so.

Whilest I'm here, perfect songs for Belle & Sebastian to cover:

Cattle & Cane or Bye Bye Pride by the Go-Betweens
Gloria - Hurrah
something by The Pale Fountains.

--
                     steve genge