Sinister: B&S & Indie nights

Dr C.B.Stride C.B.Stride at xxx.uk
Tue Sep 16 08:47:18 BST 1997

> Thanks Dr Stride for mentioning the Indie night. I'm thinking about what
> other types of music Belle & Sebastian can accompany, and sound great
> with. Personally speaking I don't think they fit well with the majority
> of Indie bands (or whatever Indie counts as nowadays), especially at a
> student disco.

Well....my disco may take place at Sheff Uni' but the majority of
punters are non-students; more the hardcore of Sheffield's indiepop
scene, and they are always requesting 'Mayfly'  and 'Seeing other
people' (or at least they were
last year!). And its an opportunity to educate those students
currently overdosing on Paul Weller, etc

Chris
C.B.Stride at Sheffield.ac.uk

*** daytime: 0114 2223262 ***

***   FAX 0114 2727206    ***

** NEW ** evening: 0114 2306539 ** NEW **

"Watford FC Supporters - South Yorkshire branch"