Sinister: B&S & Indie nights

Nigel Turner nigelt at xxx.net
Tue Sep 16 10:42:57 BST 1997

Paul Forsyth wrote:

>I suppose what I'm trying to ask is what are the best indies places to
visit in the UK!

My vote goes to the Tube Bar in Leicester (Saturday nights, 10-2 at the International Club, near St Margarets bus station).  They play Belle & Sebastian regularly, and it never clears the dancefloor.  In fact, just the opposite.  A few weeks back they played 3 B&S tunes back-to-back, and the floor was heaving.  Mind you, it's not strictly an "indie" club.......lots of 60's psych, lo-fi stuff and a smattering of easy-listening.  No "techno rubbish", mind (although they do play Cornershop, if that counts?).  The place is always packed out.....probably about three-quarters non-student, for the socialogically-minded.

Nigel
xx