Sinister: Re: Picture Quality

Andrew Dean Andrew.Dean at xxx.net
Tue Sep 16 12:19:11 BST 1997

> So come on people, if we're going to have to
> read about your private
> moments when we've never met you, lets at least
> have some nicely composed,
> in focus piccies to look at.

ah, but you're forgetting that real life isn't nicely composed or
in focus a lot of the time...

coming back yesterday, overnight flight, saw the sun coming up just as we
reached british airspace and we were above the clouds and all and it was
spectacular. but i was in an aisle seat about 6 feet from the minute window,
over the wing too so i had to jiggle about in my seat in order to see more than
a few inches of it at a time.

then on the train on the way back there was this girl with the nicest brown
eyes but she kept closing them and the train was rattling about like they do
and my glasses were smudged so... (sat looking at the bernhard newman paintings
in the museum on modern art in new york last thursday, great plains of colour
crossed with lines of different colours and the whole thing was so big that my
glasses (being as thick as they are) curved all the edges so i never saw it as
it was intended to be seen).

and i've a nasty feeling that all the photos i took in philadelphia, photos i
will never get another chance to take, are victims of the cheap camera i was
using - it was making some very strange noises whilst i was widning the film
on...

d'you see?

andy