Sinister: Free Tea on the Glasgow bus

Stip / Blue Music Stip at xxx.uk
Tue Sep 16 17:43:12 BST 1997

First I realise anyone's noticed is when the hostess lady on the bus
from London to Glasgow taps me on the shoulder. I can't hear what she's
saying because my personal stereo's too loud. I take my headphones off
and look sheepishly at her, wiping my eyes and trying to smile. She's
made me a cup of tea because I look so upset. She's noticed I've been
looking out of the window crying for nearly an hour and she's worried
about me.

I don't think she really understands when I explain that the reason I'm
crying is not because of any crisis but because I'm listening to such
lovely songs.

I am, of course, listening to Belle and Sebastian.

And so I find yet another reason to love this band. Because they get me
free tea on the National Express.
--
Nicola M
Stip / Blue Music