Sinister: Press Release

Jeepster jeepster.uk at xxx.net
Tue Sep 16 23:34:28 BST 1997

Belle and Sebastian

                             3,6,9 Seconds of Light EP
                            Released October 13th 1997

                                Featuring the songs:
                                 Century of Fakers
                            Le Pastie De La Bourgeoisie
                                    Beautiful
                         Put The Book Back On The Shelf

"Hello, I've been asked to write a Press Release for this, our latest
record.  I have never written one before.  I have never seen any of our
previous Press Releases.  I don't have access to one, so I can't copy
it.  I'm in the group, I play the guitar.

I assume this goes out to journalists at the newspapers and the music
press.  I have not read that much on the group previously, but I believe
we have done quite well with regards to exposure in the press: mostly
positive, occasionally ecstatic and sometimes quite derisory.  I don't
care, I love it all.  It's great reading about your group in the press,
including the inevitable inaccuracies (but that somehow only adds to the
fun).  One thing though...
        Much has been made of our unwillingness to do interviews and be
photographed.  I don't understand it.  During the early summer you
couldn't open a magazine without someone in the bands mug and words of
wisdom staring back up at you.  I suppose if we get perceived as
awkward, contrary, Scottish Indie Popsters, that's the way it goes.  I'm
not complaining, it's only Showbiz and i'm quite grateful for all the
attention.  Right now we are making more records and
attempting to get better at playing gigs.  I know we are a shambles, but
we've only played about ten shows and the gaps between songs etc are
caused through ineptitude.  We could never be deliberately contemptuous
of an audience and we are trying to get better - HONEST!

Which brings me to our latest record.  It's really good, and I like it a
lot.  Track 2 is my favourite, although wee Chris on keyboards thinks it
sucks.  Track 4 is a really good song, which I think we could have done
a lot better, although Mark at the record company went wild for it.
Well, so much is in the ear of the beholder I guess.

Anyway, I hope you like it.

                         Love, Stevie."

And I hope you all like the Press Release!  Definite Release date for
the "3, 6, 9 ... EP" is now the 13th ... Sorry to everyone who thought
it came out yesterday (15th).  Vital didn't update their release sheets,
so it's not really our fault ... :) !

Any queries, please feel free to phone or write to us at -

Snail mail:     Unit 217
                Canalot Production Studios
                222 Kensal Road
                London
                W10 5BN
Phone:          0181 964 9432 or 0181 964 9434
Fax:            0181 964 8600

David (Kitchen .. lovely boy is he!) is setting up a web-site for us ...
I think there's a page at
http://freespace.virgin.net/jeepster.uk/home.htm, so maybe check there
for other Jeepster bands etc.

And, i'm probably more likely to answer my e-mails at home rather than
work, so send them either to jeepster.uk at virgin.net or
d.kitchen at virgin.net, either way, i'll get back to you.

Radio should start playing the new EP beginning next week-ish, so stay
tuned - especially to Jo Whiley as she LOVES them as much as we do!

Thanks everyone for all your support!

Cheers,
Katrina + Mark + Stef otherwise known as Jeepster Recordings Ltd.!