Sinister: elton and B&S

Steve Genge steve at xxx.uk
Wed Sep 17 00:53:47 BST 1997

> Yesterday I was in Tower Records Picadilly
 As I was leaving I was struck by how long the queue
> was and how odd it was to see a long line of middle-aged Japanese men
> here in a thrusting-young-buck music store. And the were all buying
> handfulls of Elton's single - 5 or 6 at a time! It was a thing that made
> me go 'hmmm'.

Yep it's a great time to working in a UK record shop as you tell the
200th person who has never ever before set foot in a record shop that
no we have no Elton John singles.  Watching the fist fight develop
over the last copy on saturday proved entertaining though.

Oops, off topic, let's see...well through some quirk of fate I seem to
have ended up with several copies of the Polar Bear single that
features Stuart Murdoch on one track (this years Electric Honey
release) so if anyone would like one feel free to email me.

regards,
--
                     steve genge
      steve at seahorses.demon.co.uk