Sinister: Proposition...

oc245d8aff at xxx.net oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Wed Sep 17 13:55:15 BST 1997

Paul Forsyth wrote:

> >From the bowls of my grey matter comes this idea...
>
> I've read about music artists gaining more control of
> their music by
> publishing their music via the web, i.e an electronic
> format, therefore
> avoiding the publishing companies altogether.
>
> Would it be a good idea for Belle and Sebastian to publish
> Tigermilk in
> this way via their web site? Would you 'buy' it, or would
> you like it
> for free? Would you even listen to it in this form? What
> about a live
> internet gig?
>
> Any other opinions...?

Any way of getting Tigermilk to the thirsty millions is fine
by me. I'd thought of giving it away with the next
album.....sound marketing and a good way to avoid the
inevitable bad reviews when it eventually comes
out........if they keep up the "legendary lost album" stance
it might eventually be perceived by some people as a case of
the emperor's new clothes....not that I care much anyway,
but 200 quid is an obscene amount to pay.....I'd sooner hear
new songs.
By the way, if any of those top record company executives
who were asking where to get Tigermilk at the NY gigs are
surreptitiously reading this, they can have my for the
equivalent of one month's salary for Seymour Stein, perks
included.

Here's a question:
What do your parents think of Belle and Sebastian? I'm
thinking of the way my dad used to take the piss out of me
for liking Billy Bragg when I was an over-sensitive
teenager. We've since come to an understanding,"but at the
time it was terrible".

Peter