Sinister: a worrying thing

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Wed Sep 17 19:30:38 BST 1997

>  remember when
> stone roses "stone roses" came out? i listened
> to nothing but that album
> for months upon months. and i'm sure a lot of
> you on this list did the
> same. now i haven't picked it up in a couple of
> years, but i still know
> what perfection it was and how it made me feel.
> i'm worried that
> sinister one day will become "stone roses".

but that's GOOD!!!  god, i still remeber the day
'Stone Roses' came out, it was a great sunny day
in Glasgow, and we'd stayed up all night to watch
the sunrise and i walked back to central station
from out by Byars Road.  It was just as the stores
were opening and i went into Missing down by the
arches wasn't it?  And i picked up two copies, one
for me, one for my girlfriend.  I got back to
Troon (oops, it crops up again!) and we sat on my
girlfriend's front door step and played the LP all
day in the sun.  It was Special.  And the
subsequent events that overtook Stone Roses don't
matter a damn... nothing can take away the
greatness of that record gelling so perfectly with
that time.  It didn't last long either, i remember
going away to the US for a couple months, then
coming home to find that it had all gone
overground in a silly way, BUT, the moment still
stuck and sticks still.

So to B&S, and YES i remember the day i got
Sinister (without sleeve because they couldn't
find it in the store) and it's the same thing...
with that record and the whole feeling of the
band, only a million times more acute, or so it
feels.  I don't listen to Sinister as much as i
did, but still when i slide it on it makes me
shiver, makes me quiver, makes me want to share
this Love with other people.

So, 'a worrying thing'?  Hell, only if you're
worried by extreme emotion, by the amazing feeling
of warmth and delight that i suspect B&S bring to
you.

surrender to the love, live the life of a juggler.

the duke. (off to play Stone Roses just to see
what it does to me..)
--
Tangents On-Line
http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/