Sinister: a worrying thing

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Thu Sep 18 09:41:28 BST 1997

were opening and i went into Missing down by the
arches wasn't it?  And i picked up two copies, one
for me, one for my girlfriend.  I got back to

[Keith Watson]

Odd that, as I'll completely agree, I had exactly the same experience as you with the Stone Roses, listened to it for about the next two years non stop, it was bloody great - probably the best album I've ever heard. I did however have the same experience, just over a year ago with Tigermilk, and it was Missing, down by the arches, that I bought that in...

It's also, as I remember, something Chris Keyboards was comparing it to, he reckoned, much as they were good, it was never as good as the Stone Roses, even although I told him I reckoned Tigermilk was the first record since the Stone Roses to affect me in the same sort of way (not that there haven't been a load of brilliant records in between, but MBV, talk talk, Fear of a black planet and the KLF don't really work the same way), and I reckon lots would agree. It's also, I would venture, the best album of the 90's, for me, overtaking the four previously mentioned records, DJ Shadow, Underworld, Ultra Vivid Scene etc. etc.

Cheers,
	Keith.