Sinister: B&S in Edinburgh Clubs

John Stuart j.stuart at xxx.com
Thu Sep 18 12:06:44 BST 1997

Paul <plaird at netdirect.co.uk> wrote:

>Would that have been at The EGG? only I can't imagine FBI or
>EVOL('Shine'-style Indie Superclubs) spinning B&S at all. O.K. maybe when
>Dog on Wheels came out - and then only the title track - its not snobbery
>on my part, since playing any other B&S would normally be commercial
>suicide knowing their playlists and customer base. Maybe its another
>symptom of B&S going overground! - I'll prepare to be corrected and amazed
on >this point.

I think she has mentioned Belle & Sebastian being played a few times at FBI
and Madchester.  I can't remember what they played, I'll ask her tonight.
But there was a few instances of this before DoW's was released.  It could
have been 'Dylan in the movies'.

The last time I was at Evol I asked for B&S, but the DJ just looked at me
blankly.  I'll have to come along to Egg sometime.  It's on at the Attic
isn’t it?  When is it on and what other bands get played?

>No Tigermilk from me unfortunately.

Get in touch Paul if you want a copy.

John S.