Sinister: the first Felt single

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Thu Sep 18 21:36:58 BST 1997

J Jackson wrote:

> That would be 'Index' wouldn't it, it's friggin
> awful. it's just
> Lawrence and a guitar I seem to remember.

yeah just lawrence, a geetar and a cheap little
tape recorder in his front room.  talk about Punk
Rock!!  it's a great artefact.  not a great SONG,
but certainly a great protest record, just like
Back In Denim was.  um, it's certainly difficult
to hear the later Felt through index but it still
stands as a great example of DIY culture, and it
pissed off a lot of people so that makes it cool
in my eyes and ears, and anyway, McCulloch made it
single of the week all those years ago, and he's
the bloke who ended a review of 'Stop that Girl'
with the words 'I think Vic Godard is God'.  SO
who's to argue?

Belle & Sebastian content: uh, they mention Felt
in the Sinister sleeve story.  And i just bet they
like Vic too...

the duke

--
Tangents On-Line