Sinister: was elvis at the taping?

MWaggner at xxx.com MWaggner at xxx.com
Fri Sep 19 01:27:00 BST 1997

Andrew Dean wrote:
  thanks for that leslie. but are you sure this was '...elvis' and not
'...fakers'? i can't see them doing '...elvis' live as there's too much to
        remember...

It was indeed "..elvis" -- He read the words from a notebook and I didn't
hear much of it due to sitting directly behind Stevie's amp.

On another recent topic:  I am the parent at our house (sigh).  My son and I
first heard "Sinister" at the same time and both loved it.  I probably bought
it first--having more disposable income-- but we each own everything that has
come out thus far (except the fabled Tigermilk of course -- altho' I believe
he has arranged to get a tape).  He was kind enough to bring me to the PBS
taping, (which was probably smart of him because who else would have been
able to get him excused from school for it).

Surprisingly, while we might disagree from time to time,  we rarely hate each
other's musical tastes, which has been pretty nice all in all  -- music has
given us something to do together as he has grown up.  I have to say I'd
rather go  to shows with him than with most of my friends, who rarely want to
go anyway.
He started out being a captive to my taste, and then began contributing to
mine as he started listening seriously and needed me along to get into shows.
   Now he can go on his own.   I usually decline his invitations to come
along as the crowds are much younger than I, and I often feel out of place.
 That's one wonderful thing about B&S:  the music transcends age.  Everyone
can love it because it is beautiful and universal.

Anyhow, this parent loves Belle & Sebastian and will now pretty much go back
to lurking.