Sinister: was elvis at the taping?

Rhys Williams WilliamsR10 at xxx.uk
Fri Sep 19 09:27:34 BST 1997

>    Now he can go on his own.   I usually decline his invitations to come
> along as the crowds are much younger than I, and I often feel out of place.
>  That's one wonderful thing about B&S:  the music transcends age.  Everyone
> can love it because it is beautiful and universal.

  I've been feeling rather old at concerts for quite a while and have
long since given up jumping about with 15-year olds at the front. I
try to retain my dignity (and cool!) by nodding appreciatively at the
back, as befits a 30-year old with excellent taste in music. I saw
Belle and Sebastian play the Assembly Rooms in Edinburgh earlier this
year and the first thing that struck me was the amount of
late-twenties and 30-somethings who were there. I wouldn't go so far
as saying that the average of the band was lower than the average age
of the crowd, but it _was_ a nice change!

 Rhys