Sinister: Compo

Stuart Gardiner SKG at xxx.uk
Fri Sep 19 16:54:12 BST 1997

Ink Polaroids Compo entry; (OK it's probably rubbish, but it's the best
I could come up with...)

"This one was taken in one of the local clubs. That's me standing on the
stage, in the white shirt. Yeah, I know my haircut back then was pretty
awful, but we all make mistakes. Anyway, there was a hypnotist
performing in the club that night, and I'd had a few drinks, so I
thought I'd volunteer for a laugh. And because I thought it would
impress some girl I was interested in at the time. Like I said, I'd had
a few drinks... The bloke doing it did say he couldn't have anyone
onstage who'd been drinking, but there's no way anyone would go up there
sober, is there?

"The reason I'm dressed like that is because every time he stamped his
foot, I had to run over to a bag and put another tie on. I think I had
about ten on by the end. I wasn't really hypnotised or anything, but it
was good fun so I played along. I guess everyone must be doing the same
at these things. I know it doesn't look like it, but I was supposed to
be dancing when this was taken. That's what the umbrella was for, he was
playing "Singing In The Rain" and I got up and danced. It's a good job
my mate didn't take this photo ten seconds later, because while I was
doing it I fell off the stage. Next morning I had this huge bruise on my
left arm. So much for impressing women.

"That one sitting down behind me on the stage, in the red dress, was a
really good laugh actually, I was chatting to her for a bit while the
hypnotist was getting things sorted out. She seemed quite nervous, she'd
never done anything like this before. I've no idea what she's doing
there, I didn't notice that at the time. The bloke next to her seems to
be enjoying it though!"

Stuart G