Sinister: Bootlegging Tigermilk

Jeepster Recordings Ltd jeepster.uk at xxx.net
Fri Sep 19 23:56:29 BST 1997

superbob wrote:

> hey. i think there's been sort of a misunderstanding. when i said i
> was gonna make me and whoever sent it to me a cd of tigermilk, i
> didn't mean i was available for more than those two copies. i don't
> want  to get into the whole bootlegging thing because a)it's illegal
> and b)it wouldn't be very nice to b & s. i see nothing wrong with
> making a couple. it's like making a dub, except on a flat disc instead > of tape.
> and i did it on a first come basis, and the guy that responded first
> is who i'm doing it with. so everyone can stop responding now. i've
> already set it up.
> on another note...if you really want a copy on cd, i know of at least
> two guys in my town who put things on cd for a price. one owns a
> record store and charges thirteen bucks. the other owns a studio and
> charges thirty bucks. i'm not saying for everyone to write me and ask > me to take copies to these guys, i'm saying check around your own
> town. believe me, my town is not big (south georgia), so if there are > two in my town, there's gotta be some everywhere.
> just check around.
>
> -brad

Or rather, if you'd prefer not to be taken to court, don't.

Jeepster have absolutely no reservations about taking legal action
against anyone who illegally copies any Belle and Sebastian recordings
and makes them available for sale.

Please be aware of this, it is not meant to threaten, but such laws were
created for a reason - to protect the bands interests.

We are already looking into a person selling bootlegged "Tigermilk"
CD-R's from Europe, yes, we are serious.

"Tigermilk" WILL be re-released at some stage.  Even though it will not
have the same artwork, the songs will be the same, and it will be made
available on other formats as well as LP.  This may not happen for some
time, however, they play Barcelona this weekend, there is a new EP
released next month, the possibility of another EP being released before
the end of the year, a new LP next January/February, a live date in
Paris in November, live dates in Manchester in December, Germany and the
West Coast and maybe even the East Coast of the US next spring, and then
even more new recordings after that.

Why dwell on the past while this band are one of the most prolific acts
of our time?

Wait until "Tigermilk" is re-released, and spend your time (and
hard-earned money) in the meantime on their new recordings and live
extravaganzas.

The risk really isn't worth it.

Katrina.