Sinister: Bootlegs

oc245d8aff at xxx.net oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Tue Sep 23 16:32:53 BST 1997

I don't trust bootleggers. The last time I bought one it was Neil Young
and Booker T and the MGs. Not only was the sound quality terrible, but
they didn't do "Green Onions" or that one from Test Match Special
either. A proper rip off. It came from Italy.

Someone mentioned demand and supply. By holding onto the Tigermilk tapes
for a bit longer, the band will probably benefit from increased exposure
and therefore increased demand. Business is business. Besides which,
it's a good laugh. If the band were real scumbags, they could release it
in a limited edition format at a ludicrously high price, like Ladies and
Gentlemen, We Are Floating in Space in a special pill poppers packet.

By the way, the other day a boy called Valeri wrote in asking about
Tigermilk and it turns out that I was the only one who answered.
(Perhaps he says that to all the girls!) My tape copy of TM sounds like
shit, so if anyone would be kind enough to send him a copy he'd be very
happy. He seems like a nice boy, even if he has got a girl's name. if
you've tossed his letter down the cyber-toilet, you can find it at the
endlessly gratifying archive.(Click below)

01 811 8055   - if you recognise that number, don't go to the classic
children's TV site, accessible from one of the B&S tribute sites (I've
been surfing for the first time since we got the first phone bill). It's
like an irresistible vortex of nostalgia from which there is no escape.

Would someone in London like to ring that number and see if anyone
answers? No, thought not.

Shut up.

Peter