Sinister: Matt H's thoughts on B&S

David & Katrina d.kitchen at xxx.net
Tue Sep 23 23:35:21 BST 1997

The problem with the bootleg argument seems solely set on one point,
"Are Belle and Sebastian intending to re-release Tigermilk?". Sadly the
only people that honestly know the answer are the band and they're not
letting on.

I think that this has more to do with the fact that they may not want
old material to clash with new material. Especially as their new
material is so good. It's hypocritical, but even though I desperately
want Tigermilk re-issued, I don't want to slow down the recording or
release schedule of new material. This would inevitably happen if
Tigermilk were released again.

And surely even in the states where Tigermilk was never released you'd
still like to see the first major release on a new label to be new
material, even in the form of the singles album plus additional tracks
like 'modern rock song'.

Ah, it's an impossible debate, we are all protective of them and we all
want Tigermilk re-issued, and there'll never be such thing as a quiet
re-issue of it.

What are we to do, eh?

David

(my opinions do NOT reflect or come from Jeepster, please don't mingle
them, the Jeepster opinion is from Mark Jones and my girlfriend's - and
we bicker enough already!)

--
   http://www.totalweb.co.uk/bluesoda/belleandsebastian.htm
               mailto:d.kitchen at virgin.net