Sinister: Matt H's thoughts on B&S

jj heldmann initgrl at xxx.org
Wed Sep 24 03:06:07 BST 1997

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, David & Katrina wrote:

> want Tigermilk re-issued, I don't want to slow down the recording or
> release schedule of new material. This would inevitably happen if
> Tigermilk were released again.

maybe i'm just slow, but why would re-releasing Tigermilk slow down the
recording schedule (or release) of new material? They've already said the
new lp won't come out til next year, the new single is ready for release,
so how would oh, say re-releasing Tigermilk next month or two months from
now or whenever, slow down the process?

> And surely even in the states where Tigermilk was never released you'd
> still like to see the first major release on a new label to be new
> material, even in the form of the singles album plus additional tracks
> like 'modern rock song'.

actually I for one would  rather see Tigermilk be the first major release.
Singles comps with an extra track or two are a pain if you've impatiently
already shelled out for the import singles - you just have to buy it all
over again (which of course, I will certainly be doing - hell, i've got
Tigermilk on vinyl but if it comes out on cd i'll be first in line to get
it just so i don't wear out the vinyl!)

but what do i know?
xo
jj