Sinister: RE: sinister-digest V1 #20

Matthew A. Neimark mattn at xxx.com
Wed Sep 24 16:27:29 BST 1997

Hi

Stuart M. was 28 when I interviewed him (in May).  I know because he said "I'm 28 years old and have been writing songs for four years."    Perhaps he's 29 now.  In any case, he looks rather young.

In other B&S news, the band was given a brief mention in the New Yorker magazine within an article on Britpop (or Dadrock as they called it).  The article was mainly concerned with bands such as Radixhexd and Oxxxs (wasn't sure if my message would get through if I mentioned these bands).  The mention was regarding how easily it is to be an unknown band in one week, and to have a hit the next since the elite DJs can rely on their own musical tastes rather than chart positions.

Food for thought

Matt