Sinister: stuart's age / badges / new single on radio

Andrew Dean Andrew.Dean at xxx.net
Wed Sep 24 18:35:18 BST 1997

>>On a deeply trivial but nonetheless B&S-related side
>>issue: someone said that Stuart Murdoch is 24.

>As far as I'm aware, he's a lot older than that - it says
>on the back of Tigermilk that he's a lot older than he
>looks, Chris has also stated in interviews that he's a lot
>older than the rest of them.

and a lot odder 8)

28 i read somewhere although that was a while ago. which
makes university in 1989 plausible. the new ink movies on
the web site put chris and isobel as 20. 28 is a lot older
than 20 especially when you are 20.

badges:
speaking of badges, there were new(ish) ones available at
the cmj gig, the same as the old patch badges but only an
inch in diameter (whereas the original ones were rather
larger). they also came mounted on bits of card with the
band and lp name on them (as the badges themselves aren't
really any use as promotional items if you don't know who
they pertain to).

bloke in local record shop spotted my t-shirt the other day
and made appreciative comments.

my boss heard b&s on the radio this morning. woman presenter
said it'd just arrived. 'it's shit' was his comment but i
think he was winding me up, the simply red listening twit
that he is. so, start hunting around those used record shops
now then...

oh, the thread that was headed 'matt h's comments', should
it've been 'matt n's comments' or did someone post something
about matt's comments on the shinkansen web page where he's
disparaging about b&s? www.users.dircon.co.uk/shink or
~shink or something.

andy
who bought the dipsy version of the new radio times this
morning.