Sinister: RE: 3 Š6Š9 Seconds of Light

plaird plaird at xxx.uk
Thu Sep 25 03:40:58 BST 1997

>oh my God....pant....pant...I can't breathe!!!!

>Someone just gave me 3..6..9.. seconds of light

>if they keep getting better and better

>they might just pop....

>if i don't first..

>xoxo
>bethaberdork

I got sent the promo CD yesterday morning and have found myself
singing (well, more like mumbling) 'Le Pastie De La Bourgeosie' all
day, in the oddest of places - like in B&Q while buying plaster!

I'm not going to attempt to review any of it.
You'll all buy itŠ  You'll all love it!!

­ but you'll have to wait for a couple of weeks for it.

(am I beginning to sound  smug?  I apologise - but I can't help it)

I don't know if the vinyl will have it but there's a groovy little
semi-accoustic number about 20 seconds after 'Put the Book
Back on The Shelf' (and it's 2 and a half minutes long)

Here are the lyrics:

Belle & Sebastian on the Radio,
Playing Songs for Children,
Belle & Sebastian on the Radio,
Playing Songs to Learn and Sing,
       (repeat)
Belle & Sebastian on the Radio,
and we're really sorry,
for all the trouble we've caused,
and all the trouble we've causedŠ

This Wee song is screaming out to be anylysed.
Does it have a Pastels reference ('Songs for Children')? Mind you,
on that reasoning it would have an Echo and The Bunnymen reference
- not so good I think.
Are they apologising for their avoidance of media relations, or for
blatantly putting out quality songs which are threatening to chart.
Maybe they're apologising to us for not re-releasing Tigermilk!
Who knows?

To any of you resident in Edinburgh (or nearabouts) this means I'll be
playing at least 'A Century of Fakers' & 'Le PastieŠ' at The Egg on
Saturday.

Keith Watson wrote:
>if anyone else from the list in the Glasgow/Edinburgh area
>fancies a night out, post on the list and we'll have a meeting,
>perhaps we could go to the Grosvenor Cafe in Ashton laneŠ

I'm up for that (but not on a Saturday, mind).
Mail me if you've got something organised.

Cheers,

Paul<plaird at netdirect.co.uk>