Sinister: Re: they say in never rains in.....

Madame Cholet barzy at xxx.com
Thu Sep 25 18:12:55 BST 1997

It's amazing how different a song can sound when it rains. I've never
listened to Belle & Sebastian in the rain before....I can't recall the last
time it rained in LA.....Driving to work I actually had my windshield
wipers on....they were  smacking round to the exact tune of "Judy And The
Dream Of Horses."....Right then I realized i'd not heard that song since I
saw B&E in NYC, and I was taken right back there to a room full of glowing
people who weren't thinking about anything except Belle & Sebastian, all
thinking at once..."I can't believe i'm here." I just remember the trumpet
and drums kicking in and EVERYONE slightly bouncing up and down on their
feet, and feeling the hard-wood floor underneath completely moving. I
remember Matt Neimark turning round and having this "oh...my....God...."
look on his face, and seeing tears starting to fill Felicia's eyes......It
was the most incredible exchange of energy i've ever felt....And everyone,
was looking at Stewart. I had to refocus my eyes on the road so I didn't
run off, re-watching this all in my head....And, of course, by the time the
cd had started over and made it half-way through "The Stars Of Track And
Field" I was crying, it was raining harder, and I was pulling into the
parking lot where I work.

funny what a little rain does to people in California.

xo
beth