Sinister: other groups / recommendations

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Thu Sep 25 20:09:42 BST 1997

> now, i know a lot of you are tindersticks fans
> as well. well, i have
> another band. lambchop. they are i guess what
> the tindersticks would be
> if they grew up in tennessee and were raised on
> country music. there's
> about 11 or 12 members in the band, everything
> ranging from tuba to
> "open-ended wrenches"? if you like the
> tindersticks, you'll like
> lambchop. almost guaranteed.
> that's my recommendation. they have a new album
> out "thriller" but i
> haven't got my hands on it yet. but i recommend
> "jack's tulips / i hope
> you're sitting down" their first album.

i've had Thriller for about a month now and i've
played it a fair amount.  i like it... i like the
10" they did a while back as well.  They are
peculiar, have an odd axis that appeals, and hey,
i like country music anyway, largely speaking.
Um, anyway Thriller is worth investigating, not
least because we have songs on there by FM Cornog,
who, the eager eyed amongst you will realize, is
the sometime genius behind the very fine East
River Pipe.

Other recommendations: just picked up the Photek
LP and you'd probably hate it but i think it's
rather fine.  Also imagine my amazement to see
'Circles' by Alex F at #20 in the UK singles
charts!  Only a couple of years late... sigh.
What next, Bukem on TOTP?  Barbles on about
drum'n'bass for too long, therebay getting all the
lists hackles up (except Alex!  Respect to him...
and anyone else who i'm blanketing).

Kerouac's beckoning with open arms...

that's my B&S reference :-)

the duke