Sinister: & your name is.....

oc245d8aff at xxx.net oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Fri Sep 26 05:20:53 BST 1997

Steve Genge wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Now as it appears several people on the list have got
> copies of the
> Seconds Of Light EP I'd like to throw the following morsel
> into the
> soup & give it a stir.
>
> There's no mention of the band or title on the front of
> the sleeve, is
> this a good idea?  It's easy enough to confuse the
> customers in our
> shop at the best of times :) Will it get overlooked by
> potential
> buyers because of this or will a tasteless sticker be
> added before
> it's released?

Words would spoil a perfect picture. Much as I love the
record, I think the picture's even better. At least for me,
at least this morning.

Stickers are OK until time turns them into a gooey mess.

I think they'll sell quite a few records on the strength of
this beautiful picture. I was only half joking when I
compared it to the nouvelle vague (sp?) directors. It's a
total one off. I hope they make a nice t-shirt out of it,
and a bloody big poster.

Could anybody ask any art "experts"(!) they might know what
they think about it? I'm curious to know whether I'm alone
on this one or not, and whether it's just my biased opinion.
If you don't know any art experts, ask your mum.

Peter

I wish I hadn't said art expert now. You know what I mean...