Sinister: Things to listen to

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Fri Sep 26 09:29:16 BST 1997

The best thing I've bought in a long time is "Arkology" by
Lee Perry and chums.

[Keith Watson]

I bought that too, it's bloody ace - love Errol Walker's "John Public"

The second best thing is Antonio Carlos Jobim's "Warner
Archives"

The third best thing is Led Zeppelin's "Remasters" which has
improved a lot since I sold the tape version a couple of
years ago. It's much better if you can skip out the crap
ones annd get down to some serious riffing.

[Keith Watson]
Bought the entire back catalogue a few weeks ago, totally ace too.

On the indie front, I like "Chorus" by Flying Saucer Attack,
which I was lucky enough to rescue from the bargain bucket.
Really good muffled drum sounds.

I also bought Chumbawamba, but I haven't got past the first
song yet. I suppose everyone's mightily sick of it by now,
but it makes me feel a bit homesick. But not much.

[Keith Watson]
Well... I fucking can't stand this sort of shite, used to hear them every week at this club we went to a few years ago in Edinburgh, my flatmate interviewed them for the Student newspaper, he played me the tape, it was all full of "You don't understand, the government's controlling the way you think" etc. you get the idea.

Peter