Sinister: other groups / recommendations

Honey psm at xxx.net
Fri Sep 26 10:04:12 BST 1997

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, duke of harringay wrote:

> i've had Thriller for about a month now and i've
> played it a fair amount.

Yes I love Lambchop too, but I CAN'T GET THRILLER ANYWHERE!  I will
look properly on Saturday - by the way is it a remake of Mr Jackson's
LP?  Now I'd love the hear that done by Lambchop... :)

Other than that I'm with duke on the "what else are we listening to"
thread - I bet we find a huge variation of seemingly unrelated stuff,
along with the Tindersticks and Arab Straps.  I'm suffering from
post-Summer "oh my God there are too many good albums being released"
adrenaline-rush just now.

I was, for instance, pretty taken by the first half of Cornershop's
new LP this morning in the car: "When I Was Born For The 7th Time" -
not just because the second track reminded me of my girlfriend's
little squirrel-kicking cousin (Asha).  Best happy British/Indian
indie/hip-hop I've heard all day :) Anyone here Earthling's wonderful
LP "Nefisa" - well it's like a distant friendlier cousin - with a
sitar.  So far..

New Stereolab's already been mentioned... new DJ Krush is a bit
tasty, and, I'm sorry, I can't get over Bjork's "Homogenic" just
now.  Just slag me off in private..

This isn't very helpful is it, particularly if I add that I have
trouble not listening to: Nick Cave, John Coltrane, Mouse On Mars,
The Fall, Bill Evans, MBV, Lee Perry, Stina Nordenstam, DJ Shadow,
Culture, Digable Planets, Serge Gainsbourg, Shellyan Orphan and
(swoon) Disco Inferno for any extended period of time.  None of this
seems in anyway related to B&S.

Phew, got away without mentioning Nick Drake.

Paul