Sinister: Re: recommended bands - Lilac Time

Paul Dean Paul.Dean at xxx.uk
Fri Sep 26 14:26:57 BST 1997

Hello - i've been lurking for a while. I find it hard to write as i'm
working in Boston at the moment so getting to my PC is kind of
difficult!

Anyway, i've finally been inspired to write by the mention of the truly
wonderful Lilac Time. When I taped Tigermilk for someone I put
'Astronauts' on the other side - so this has got me thinking : what have
other people taped on that inviting 45 blank minutes which could live up
to the greatness of 'Tigermilk' & not force the listener to knacker
their walkman batteries with constant rewinds?

Oh & the person who said The Lilac Time's lyric's are silly, whaddya
mean ? Stephen A.J Duffy always manages to slip in a wondeful couplet in
EVERY song!!

I have some more questions about The Lilac Time, but I'll not bore the
list now. If you're a fan mail me privately - you may be able to help.

Oh, & I've a spare vinyl copy of 'Astronauts' If anyones interested, get
in touch. The only problem is it's 3,000 miles away, but I'm sure
something can be sorted...

S'later

Paul
paul.dean at druid.co.uk

[unrequited love quite often grows, but never quite goes]