Sinister: other groups / recommendations

ByTheSea6 at xxx.com ByTheSea6 at xxx.com
Fri Sep 26 15:41:22 BST 1997

In a message dated 97-09-26 05:06:17 EDT, psm at Majordomo.net writes:

>I was, for instance, pretty taken by the first half of Cornershop's
>new LP this morning in the car: "When I Was Born For The 7th Time" -
>not just because the second track reminded me of my girlfriend. . .

Oh god, this reminds me of a horrific experience i had yesterday after work;
got home, put on MTV while i fussed about the kitchen looking for something
nourishing, and this show, 12 Angry Viewers was on; it's like a make it or
break it/ sink or swim type thing where the viewers chat and vote on new
videos.  Anyway, the new, BRILLIANT, Cornershop video was one of the videos
and the 12 people, all very MTV looking in that crap Real World way, . .
.they just said the most inane things.  One girl liked it, but couldn't give
it a great review cause,"who listens to records anymore, it's all cd's,
right?" (the video depicts a girl listening to her favorite 45's on her
bedroom floor).  The worst though was the guy in leather and long hair who
said, and i quote, "what a Gin Blossoms rip-off."  I wanted to vomit.

new records that have me smiling:  The Verve lp, Helen Love ep, NoneSuch Film
Series' four new releases, The End on 10th Planet Records, Delgados Peel
Sessions tape, new Apples, Jack Drag, and the new Pastels. record.

bye,
nk