Sinister: Tigermilk vs. IYFS, etc...

MPRVixen at xxx.com MPRVixen at xxx.com
Fri Sep 26 19:46:11 BST 1997

Asking me to choose between Tigermilk and If You're Feeling Sinister is like
asking a mother to choose a favorite child.  I mean, yes, Tigermilk was the
first B&S I heard, and nothing will quite compare to my heart skipping a beat
the first time I heard "You're Just a Baby," but "Judy and the Dream of
Horses" took the slow burn approach and haunted me for weeks.

Maybe we're all a tad partial to the first B&S we heard.  Any thoughts?

Also, in reference to Neutral Milk Hotel recommendations, what can I say
besides this....I saw them in Boston the night after the festival in
Providence Nigel mentioned, and it was easily the rockinest live show I have
ever attended.  After the first song, the packed-in-crowd at the Middle East
sat in stunned silence until a woman in the back of the crowd said "Oh my
God, this is *so cool.*"  And we all just nodded and then the second song
kicked in.  Their CD, "On Avery Island," was the driving CD of choice this
past Spring, and "Song Against Sex" and "Naomi" have quickly become mix tape
staples.  Check them out.

Paige