Sinister: I am surprised that no one has yet mentioned...

Amanda Bergman a-bergman at xxx.edu
Sat Sep 27 17:16:30 BST 1997

Red House Painters as a sort of quasi-Belle and Sebastian-esque band. I was
first introduced to their music by a friend who liked B&S, and knew that I
liked B&S, and the music is really quite good. Very slow, very mellow,
strummy sad songs, for the most part. There are a bunch of albums out there
(the latest release being the most upbeat, I've heard) and the two that I
was told to start with were _Down Colorful Hill_ and the Rollercoaster
album, which has no title on it, just a picture of an old rollercoaster. So
there you have it, my 2 cents as far as recommended bands.

And now moving on to B&S themselves...I am in love with _Tigermilk_.
Absolutely smitten. Finally I was able to recognize many of the songs they
played at the NYC show earlier this month, like the second and third songs
on _TM_. I spent my Friday evening with the tape, listening to it over and
over and over again. And I love the BBC stuff on the b-side, too. Oh, how I
do long for more B&S. I have only been temporarily placated by this latest
installment.

So. There was my rambling for the moment. Anyone wishing to further discuss
Red House Painters and/or _Tigermilk_ (or anything B&S, for that matter) is
welcome to email me directly.

au reservoir,
Amanda