Sinister: I am surprised that no one has yet mentioned...

MWaggner at xxx.com MWaggner at xxx.com
Sat Sep 27 19:53:21 BST 1997

You're right about Red House Painters -- After listening to nothing but
...Sinister for weeks after I got it, I went looking for something else to
play.  Nothing that I owned seemed as if I could listen to it without
breaking some sort of spell (or something, I don't know).  I went to Secret
Sounds in search of "music to listen to after B&S" and after quite a while of
looking for something "lovely" decided on Red House Painters.  While they are
different, it's the same feeling and a good segue back into the "real" world.

I've also just spent several days listening to a tape of Tigermilk (with the
BBC sessions on the back -- must be the same source).  I love "I Could Be
Dreaming" best on that tape -- I think because most of the other songs were
familiar, and ...Dreaming is a bit different,  maybe darker.  And I am very
jealous of BBC radio ...