Sinister: NME, cowboys and Boy George

oc245d8aff at xxx.net oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Sun Sep 28 20:58:54 BST 1997

Ivo Augusto wrote:

> NME on line
> BELLE AND SEBASTIAN "3,6,9 SECONDS OF LIGHT"
> four tracks from the sublime Scots odd-bods - OUT MONDAY
>
> Is it true ? MONDAY ????? Really ????

I like that one - "sublime Scots odd-bods"

Another problematic record is/was Drum by Hugo Largo. You
had to play it over and over again, because it seemed like
there was nothing else like it around at the time.

As for cowboys casting aspersions on Belle and Sebastian's
sexuality, don't worry. Culture Club had the same trouble
during their guest appearance on The A -Team. Boy George won
the cowboys over by helping to solve a scam in which some
evil villains were stealing all their savings and blaming it
on Mister T and company. By the end of the programme Boy
George had all the cowboys eating out of the palm of his
delicately manicured hand.

It would be great if Belle and Sebastian were on Taggart,
but I think he's dead now. I can just see it
now.....Isobel's teddy bear is the only witness to a heinous
crime on the Forth and Clyde Canal towpath...the hapless
drummer inadvertently stumbles across a suitcase full of
wacky baccy in Kelvigrove Park...leading to the keyboard
player's uncovering of an indie-pop and anorak smut peddling
ring operating out of a top floor Oakfield Avenue bedsit...

Peter