Sinister: Re: Belle & Sebastian

Steve Goldman sgold06 at xxx.edu
Sun Sep 28 22:43:03 BST 1997

The TV show, as I saw it, was about a small child and his dog, roaming the
Pyrenees...I can't recall the storylines or such, but that much I do
remember...it was on quite a few years ago on Nickelodeon here in the
States.  Cute as hell, as I recall, very touching and dealing in very
simple Odyssey-type excursions (i.e.--looking for their home)...

Anyone remember the timetable of the storyline (I seem to think it was the
40's, but I'm probably mistaken)...

Oh, as to the band listing, I'm afraid I haven't anything to add, since
everyone seems more much worldly than myself...(I'm still mired in old
R.E.M., Oingo Boingo, 80's stuff, swing stuff...)

The few I can offer as my longtime faves are:
--Little Jack Melody and his Young Turks (lounge/circus music, very
fun)...I personally have "My Charmed Life" (Carpe Diem Records) and want
to get the rest...oh, they're from Delton, TX...(link on my page)
--Spirit of the West (Canadian pop/Celtic outfit that seems to have died
out)...if anyone knows what happened to the group, let me know...I have
their "Faithlift" and "Twoheaded" LPs, and wouldn't mind more...
--R.E.M. (almost anything except Monster)

Recent acquisitions that I dig:  Amon Tobin, Talvin Singh's ANOKHA, B&S's
IYFS (damned if I have money for more), Space's "Spiders"...

*smirk* I have a feeling if I mention more, I'll fall into a deeply unhip
hole no one's lower a rope to get me out of...;)

--Steven

Steven Goldman         *                                                  *
Box 22688              *      Fun-lover, pop freak, sometimes             *
Emory University       *      DJ, and aspiring actor/writer/director      *
Atlanta, GA  30322     *                                                  *
(404) 251-8310         *     "Faith manages."                             *
sgold06 at emory.edu      *                       --Delenn, "Babylon 5"      *
              WWW:    http://tswww.cc.emory.edu/~sgold06                  *