Sinister: the other side of tigermilk tapes

Andrew Dean Andrew.Dean at xxx.net
Mon Sep 29 09:49:52 BST 1997

what do i put on the other side of tigermilk tapes?
i'd been playing sinister in the cdrom drive at work one
weekend and someone asked for a copy so they got a best of
b&s tape. on the other side (at their request) i put the
autechre 'envane' ep and photek's 'ni ten ichi ryu' - a
summers day on the one side, a washing machine full of
spanners on the other.

(bought the new photek album on the last day of my holiday
in america, a whole day before it was available in england.
nope, didn't have anything to play it on whilst i was there
so it would've made no odds had i bought it whilst popping
into rough trade the morning after but, hey, the price
sticker's in dollars which is cool. nothing on it as good as
two swords technique but then little else is. it's been odd
that most of the recommendations have been off-topic, as if
b&s are the only band in the indiepop genre who are
currently shining. i didn't even buy the last heavenly
lp...)

andy

completely off topic:
got thrown off the bus on tuesday. the stop i usually get
off at is now in a different price band to what it was so i
paid 95p as usual and we got as far as the shops and mr. bus
driver told me i had to get off. it was only that one driver
too, the other 3 times they never bothered...