Sinister: seeing other groups

Matrix mlang at xxx.com
Mon Sep 29 19:29:04 BST 1997

Looking at these five records, my top five of the year thus far, I am
surprised how pedestrian they are... or at least how "mainstream".  I guess
this has been a weaker year in music because I just haven't bought enough
records and it has been a bad year for hip hop.  anyway.....

1. Belle and Sebastian-  If You're Feeling Sinister
2. Moloko- Do you Like My Tight Sweater
3 Spiritualized- Ladies and Gentleman We are Floating in Space
4. Oasis- Be Here Now
5. Blur- Blur

If you haven't heard the Moloko record.. do so.  It is the year's great
party record.  Picture Digital Underground mixed with Portishead.

matrix