Sinister: recommended bands

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Mon Sep 29 21:43:35 BST 1997

Kate Dornan wrote:

> It's gotta be Orlando (album released today,
> really would objectively
> recommend it to anyone... better than even I had
> dared hope..) ...also
> Momus,

erm, wouldn't mind hearing a tape of the orlando
if anyone wants to be nice to me (or a review
copy, hint hint Dickon, if you're still on the
list!).  Um, and on a related point to the Momus,
the new Laila France record is excellent!  Dunno
when it's out exactly, but you should certainly
look for it if you like Momus and that ilk.
There's a 12" out too with the 'Trance Cocktail
Airlines' track, including a drum'n'bass mix by
yer man Currie.  A man of many talents (although
to be fair the d'n'b track isn't exactly
great...).

b&S content: um, played 'le pastie' in our Living
Room club last night... good night, good turn
out... hope that i pleased someone by playing the
Belle track!

the duke.

--
Tangents On-Line