Favourite Mishearing and Re: Sinister: Required Amt of B&S Content?

Honey psm at xxx.net
Tue Sep 30 10:57:47 BST 1997

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Mick McMick wrote:

> 	I'm wondering exactly what the acceptable amount of B&S content is? I
> love B&S, but I like to talk about other things, too, as I'm sure most
> of you are as well. Still, I wouldn't want to fill anyone's mailbox with
> mail they don't want to read, so I thought I'd ask first. Oh, and should
> I post my radio show playlist? B&S will be on it (they should be first,
> unless I change my plans...)

Hi Mick,

I made a few comments on my WWW page when I first set up this list -
see the URL at the bottom of this message to get there.  Still pretty
much stand by this after feedback from others but I'm always open to
keep the list how people want it.

I've recently joined another mailing list for another (nameless!) band
and as far as I can see it's overrun with stuff of minority content.
My own feeling is that B&S should at least be sort of mentioned in each
message in some way - I mean that approximately, because there's been a
lot of postings about related music recently (including by myself!)
which is of some interest but *maybe* getting a bit far from the list
just now.  It's all a question of feel and personal opinion and I'm
here to represent the majority feel.  So people please mail me about
the useful/not useful content of what they get.

While we're at it, here's a B&S post!: FAVOURITE MISHEARING:

When I first heard Stars of Track and Field I heard it like this:

"... so you could wed Terry Underwood, feel the city..."

Sad isn't it?  A pathetic lack of attention to context.  I quite liked
this line, but when I heard the real one about terry underwear I was
very pleased - unsual for a mishearing where I usually want "my lyric"
to be the real one.

Paul
mailto:owner-sinister at majordomo.net