Sinister: Mishearings...

Johnston, John CT John.Johnston at xxx.uk
Tue Sep 30 12:05:41 BST 1997

Hello everyone

i've been wanting to share my number one B&S mishearing for some time
and now the time has come. Cast your minds back to the magnificent
opening of Stars of Track and Field...

"Paint a new coat everyday, to suit your affairs..."

I used to think wow, what a great idea. I pictured somebody staring at
an enormous wardobe thinking "hmm, which coat for today...badass pimp
look, out-of-work-football manager, winsome Indy-kid, ooh and they could
all do with a lick of paint..." I figured that was the way to have the
girls lining up to kiss you at the back of the stairs all of them mad
for your well-painted coat. At last I saw where I had been going wrong.

I was dead surprised when months later I actually read the lyrics. hey
ho.

i love this list

xx
john