Sinister: On the sidelines again...

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Tue Sep 30 14:23:11 BST 1997

Just noticed on the inside of the Verve album today that "BIttersweet Symphony" is credited to Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. This is hot on the heels of Allen Klein finding out that they used a sample from the Stones Orchestral version by Andrew Loog Oldham. Does anyone understand how Verve can lose their entire royalties on this point... Incidentally, it's not the main string motif that's the sample, it's much less obvious (so I'm told, I can't make it out myself). I mean, you appear to be able to make money out of doing a cover version, and when they do a completely different song with a small snatch of a weird stones cover version in itself they receive no money. Fuck... Actually I've just noticed, the credits say:

	Written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards
	Performed by the Andrew Loog Oldham orchestra

	Is somebody taking the piss here?!

Big apologies for the lack of Belle and Sebastian content.. just thought some of the people on the list might be interested.

Apologies also for apologising for the lack of B+S content.

Cheers,
	Keith.